If you are looking to implement a movement screen with all your athletes but time constraints make a traditional screen not feasible, you will want to see this presentation. The Dynamic Warmup Movement Assessment is a concise way to pinpoint movement deficiencies globally and apply corrective exercise for an entire group at once. This presentation will examine how to incorporate a traditional dynamic warmup as a movement assessment so you can use it for a whole group or team at once. Additionally, we will review a few dynamic warmup movements to assess while organizing corrective exercises for identified areas of concern.
- Recognize the human body is a complex machine that needs consistent evaluation to perform at peak performance and lessen the risk for injury.
- Identify the mobility-stability sequence in the Human Kinetic Chain and limitations that can lead to inefficient movement patterning that hinders performance and heighten musculoskeletal injury.
- Learn the value of a movement screen for athletes and the significant difference between deficiency and dysfunction of movement.
- Learn about DWMA, the genesis of its inception, and how it’s different from traditional movement screens promoted by physical therapists.
- Review a single DWMA exercise movement screen, recognize movement limitations in the Kinetic Chain, and prepare a corrective exercise sequence to improve movement quality.
- Understand how corrective exercise utilization and adaptation are different from conventional exercise adoption.
- Explore squat progressions and regressions to guide movement integrity.
- Learn ways to arrange and integrate corrective exercises seamlessly into your existing training program.