In this presentation, Coach Carroll will review the place of females historically within the military and the opportunity this transition has presented to not only the soldier, but to the human performance specialist working in support of their efforts. By looking at current research, Coach Carroll will lead a process to establish a holistic training program, taking into account things such as menstrual cycle, physiological differences, nutrition, and psychology among other critical factors. Finally, concrete examples from each aspect of training will be laid out to allow for immediateaction.
- Understand the historical role women have had in the military.
- Understand current research on physiological characteristics needed for success.
- Become familiar with the menstrual cycle and it’s role in training the female soldier.
- Learn other facets of program design that must be implemented in order to get the best training results possible.
- Identify real world solutions to setting up an environment for growth.