In this presentation, Coach Mitchell-McBeth will go over a simple system for teaching nutrition to the pop-tart and Gatorade consuming crowd that is the teenage athlete. Using the key concepts of eat early, eat well, and eat often, she will demonstrate how athletes should eat to optimize performance and how to address the less than optimal circumstances that high school athletes often face.
- Understand the role of carbohydrates, fats, and protein in a well-rounded diet along with relative digestion times and best choices.
- Understand the impact of carbohydrate and protein pairings on blood sugar and energy levels.
- Learn practical solutions for athletes who report a lack of appetite before or nausea during morning training sessions.
- Implement the 80/20 rule in your athletes’ fueling strategy.
- Understand the impact of meal timing on practices and competition.
- Understand the Three R’s for recovery: replenish, repair, rehydrate.
- Discover strategies to optimize body composition.
- Learn how to put together a performance enhancing plate.