In this presentation, Coach Kurtz will describe and demonstrate the pre-assessment protocols that he and his staff use for their athletes. After teaching and demonstrating the assessments, Coach Kurtz will describe how he uses the results to group his athletes into categories to target their individualized weaknesses in what he calls the “workout before the workout.”
- Learn how to identify weaknesses and asymmetries between right and left leg strength.
- Comprehend how to identify weaknesses and asymmetries between ability to absorb force between the right and left leg.
- Analyze how to identify if an athlete is compensating in the “loading” capabilities due to a lower body movement dysfunction.
- Learn how to identify a pre-existing injury or weakness in core strength
- Understand how Coach Kurtz groups each athlete according to how they perform on these assessments
- Identify how these protocols have helped to create buy-in from Coach Kurtz’ athletes, students, parents of the student-athletes, coaches and administration.