In this lecture, Coach Soukup will describe how he got involved with the tactical population and key ways to getting started with your local agency. He will then discuss assessments he utilizes to assure his tactical athletes are at the top of their game. While keeping the job demands of the tactical athlete in mind, Coach Soukup will then demonstrate how to create a flexible program blueprint that can be adjusted based on the needs of the athlete, as well as their current readiness.
- Understanding the physical demands associated with law enforcement and fire fighters.
- Discuss possible fitness assessments used for the tactical population.
- Recognize what considerations need to be taken into account when training the tactical athlete.
- How to modify your tactical program to fit the needs of the tactical athlete as well as how to adjust your program due to excessive fatigue.
- Creating a tactical training program for firefighters that incorporates all of the physical qualities needed for the tactical athlete.